The Process in Art

Art is often used as a way to process. But what about the process of creating art? Here's my journey...

Monday, April 30, 2007

Cooked Food and Social Time

Since being mostly raw for several months now, I regularly struggle with how to be with my friends and family and not eat cooked food.
This weekend we said goodbye to friends of ours who are moving away and I went out to Tango and it was really delicious food. But of course most of it was cooked and I gave in to tasting a variety of things. I felt like crap afterward and had TERRIBLE gas for many hours.
Luckily, the next day I didn't feel too hungry and I abstained from eating breakfast and lunch so that I could clean out a bit.
This is indicative of an internal struggle I have between not wanting to rock the boat and listening to what my body and spirit want. I wanted to be with my friends but I hate the idea that I seem to only eat salad and that it draws attention. I try to eat ahead of time so that I am not hungry, but I think I get socially hungry and want to try things and fit in. No one makes me feel bad, but I just want to participate.
I went to dinner a while ago with friends and the restaurant owner made a bigger deal about eating raw than I felt comfortable with. I must say my desire to eat out is declining, but my desire to be with others is increasing...hence the struggle.
We hope to have more potlucks so that it's easier to eat without the shenanigans and then we'll still get to hang out with our friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home