The Process in Art

Art is often used as a way to process. But what about the process of creating art? Here's my journey...

Friday, January 19, 2007

The Spirit of Writing

I've written about this before but here's a different take.

I'm in Brussels right now, staying with a friend. I have no idea what really brought me to Europe other than my friend. She's a great person so that should be enough, eh? But there is something spiritual about this place. It's the same as love, I cannot describe it but being here just feels right.

Writing brings me to that place sometimes, but I need to reconnect with some of the physicality of spirituality, y'know? There is something that we grasp for in the spirit world that is accessed through the physical world. This is something I do a lot in Europe. What is it? I don't know. But I know that it fills my spiritual well to be here. I like that. There is something historical and ancestral about being here that I adore.

There is an element of my writing that really enjoys the background of Europe. It could be that I am outside my own daily life. It could be that I am surrounded by culture even if I am not looking for it. It could be the simplicity. Sure they have shops and things like we do. But we saw a doctor today after we called for a last minute appointment. We went to her office, which was not in a medical park, it was off the street. And she didn't have a receptionist. She just had a nice quaint office. Like it was normal! I love it. I love it. I can't help it. I won't help it! Living here may take away the quaintness of it, which might be necessary to keep me grounded, but man, I don't care. I want to live here to see what it's like daily.

Writing is the way I access the spirit and the Spirit is the way I access my writing. They go hand in hand and it's good. They feed each other. I can access Spirit here very easily. Is it possible at home? I must make it so. This is nice every once in a while, but it's an expensive spiritual habit. Perhaps I need to call to God more often when I sit down to write.
And I need to do more energy work to maintain the higher vibration. I must remember the higher vibration thing. It's necessary for me to progress through life.

Perhaps more later. It's good to be here though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home