The Process in Art

Art is often used as a way to process. But what about the process of creating art? Here's my journey...

Monday, March 19, 2007

Writing an Article

I'm writing an article that I hope to publish, but I am finding it to be quite a challenging process. The editor is nitpicking everything, and while I know she is nervous about my ability, it feels shitty. I am close to giving up, but I don't want to, because I really enjoy the subject matter AND the interviews I've done are mind-blowing and life-changing. They have inspired me to continue pursuing a raw food lifestyle. I am not going 100% any time soon, but it feels just like when I went vegan/vegetarian. Milk is just no longer in my life. Sugar is no longer in my life. Wheat is next in line to be taken out of my life. It feels good. It's slow, for sure, but I am happy about it. I eat differently than most people, but I am happy to start learning how to eat better and how to share that with others. Spending my time in the kitchen, preparing delicious, nutrient-filled food can't be a bad thing.

The article will get written. The editor will have to fire me if she doesn't like my writing. Oh well. I will carry on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home