The Process in Art

Art is often used as a way to process. But what about the process of creating art? Here's my journey...

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

6am Write

I have a reminder on my daily calendar to write at 6am. I never do that. I barely get up at 6am, so why do I still keep it on my calendar? I like the reminder. Even if I don't do it everyday at 6am, I know that that part of me still exists. My writer, although not a full time worker, is always 'writing.' I know that writing is like bathing, tooth-brushing, and eating for me. I think about it all the time, I love it when I do it, and it brings me a comfort that nothing else can.

I met with the 'editor' and I'm going to hopefully do a local blurb for her (she's writing the national article). I'm into the idea of writing nationally. I really want to be a writer. There is a point where I will try to sabotage, but I have already agreed to let go at that point and let my guides, whoever they are, help me. I need to let writing enter the spiritual world, because it is a spiritual act and if I think I can control it, then I will be sad and unhappy...constantly pushing away the thing I crave.

As of late, I have been writing a lot regarding my physical life. I mentioned that I'm in OA and that I've started writing about my experiences. That has been an amazing tool. If you don't write or feel like a writer, I can only say that simply sitting down to handwrite or type your feelings, experiences, questions, etc is an invaluable tool. If you never look at it again, that's fine, because really, it's about bringing the thoughts, ideas, fears, out of your head and into the world to be dealt with. Truly amazing. OA is big on sponsorship and while I go through the painstaking process of finding a sponsor, I love that I can write for support. It's a bit solitary, but that's okay right now. In due time I will be all up in someone's grill, and they in mine, and until then, writing is good for me.

I have been getting paid higher amounts for my web content. While it still isn't a lot, it's good to get paid more than $5 for an article. I'm writing better articles too. More in-depth. :)

At this point I feel like I am in motion. Not like I am close to a destination, but I feel like several parts of my life and working and moving forward, versus spinning wheels or at a complete standstill. It's a nice feeling. It sure as hell isn't a familiar feeling. I believe it has to do with the lack of sugar and chocolate in my life. Every time I look at an alluring hot cocoa or cookie, I think, "Do I want to go back to a standstill? Or am I willing to give up the forward motion?" The answer is usually no. There are times when I get scared of the forward motion, but alas, it's all good, and I regain some sort of understanding that food is not where my life is at anymore. There's so much out there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home