The Process in Art

Art is often used as a way to process. But what about the process of creating art? Here's my journey...

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Writing Group and more

I haven't posted yet about my writing group. IT ROCKS. At first I was just happy to have a place and folks to write with and now I feel as though I am actually (and we are) starting down the friendly, intimate road...how exciting. And organic. And not from my own steam! This is a step in the write (!) direction. I do believe writing is something that nourishes me so that I can move away from food, anger, obsession (unless it's with writing...). I really like the time, once a month, when I can show up, hair bedraggled, and listen, share, and write with the group. It's really powerful. I should write a piece about it.

Anyway, it's something that I am looking forward to each month and it gives me hope regarding my life as a writer.

Also, I saw the movie The Secret. It's a bit like this other movie with new agey folks in it, but I don't mind the simplicity with which the folks spoke. I need to hear that I have the power to attract whatever I want in my life. The Law of Attraction is powerful and I can learn to use it to my benefit, rather than deficit.

On that tip, I have felt this gentle nudging to go to the studio. I've also felt a desire to work on stuff, various projects. Not being on sugar I think helps me be more aware to the times when it (my work/the studio) calls to me. At work, I spend more time reading and writing and web surfing than I do working. Yes, this is fun for a while, but I realize that underemployment may also be a problem. I don't necessarily WANT more work per se, but then I need to balance that out when I am not at work. The studio pops in my mind.
I do feel some sort of shame in wanting to make stuff. Mostly because I always want to move into the aspect of selling the stuff I make and then I am instantly overwhelmed and therefore do nothing. Our studio is great, but half of it is vacant (other tenants haven't been there in months, but they are supposed to be paying rent and if they are not, then fine. If they are, then we shouldn't take over their area). I am considering outside work to cover any additional payments we'd have if we took over the whole rent.
Part of me knows that fear is keeping me from moving forward into owning the whole space. What if it costs too much for us? What if we end up not being able to pay? What if????

The Law of Attraction comes into play here. I definitely don't live abundantly in that way. We are always "steps away" from poverty in my mind. ACK! The Law of Attraction isn't just for good people, or worthy people. It's for people who spend time each day seeing themselves attracting what they want: new green house, life free from fear, success with selling handmade items, etc. There is no limit to abundance. So of course I can have as much as I want! And especially, if it means that I am working happily and successfully in matters that mean something.
I have this job with SCBI because I wanted a job where I could be supported while I pursued my other more creative interests. Now's the time!
ACTION!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home