The Process in Art

Art is often used as a way to process. But what about the process of creating art? Here's my journey...

Friday, January 19, 2007

Published Again!

Writing web content is strangely satisfying because it's almost instant gratification. I wrote a piece on How to Have a Green Valentine's Day. Click on the Associated Content link on the right side ---> and then look at my published pieces. It was a good article, I thought. Hopefully I will be able to use a few ideas for my own Valentine's Day which normally I hate, but my ideas made it a bit more exciting.

I've been in Brussels for the past few days. Although the weather has been stormy, I rather like it. There's something comforting about being here. Can't seem to put my finger on it. Maybe later tonight I'll sit and write about it. I really love it here. Even if I don't go out and don't speak the languages. The fact that there is history and new things is quite nice. The buildings are not excavated to make room for condos. The flats are really nice. I really like the way people live. It's usually quite simple, to be honest, and I like it.

I'm investigating sustainability for an editor in Seattle (did I mention this?) and although I am not getting the interviews I hoped for, I am still able to pay attention to the fact that sustainability is so different here. No one thinks they are sustainable and yet there they are with their front loading washer and dryer, minimal electrical appliances, lack of microwaves, recycling in the subway (!), and triple-glazed windows. Y'know, if that's all we did in the US, we'd be ahead of the sustainability game. I mean the whole US, not just Seattle, San Francisco and New York. So there's that. I'll write more later.
If I didn't mention this, I want to say now that I am talking to the editor of Conscious Choice and while there are no definites, there is ample possibility. I am eager to write more about the changes a few people can participate in so that it becomes trendy even. No big things have to happen. Just a few things here and there for each person. Better lights/lamps, less crap, more human interaction. I just love it here.

Anyway, more later, with proper time to go into detail. Must get some things down at some point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home