The Process in Art

Art is often used as a way to process. But what about the process of creating art? Here's my journey...

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Tools

So I exchanged the keyboard for the one I wanted and I am very happy with the switch. I have to get used to it, like any other keyboard, but I've typed on a mac since I first got on a computer, and I like these keyboards. They have a nice clicking sound. I also got a more expensive mouse, but it's not as loud. I admit I never really thought of it before, but after taking some time to really think about the proper tools for writing, I see that it makes a lot of difference to really commit to the process in all areas. I have pen preferences and paper preferences, and it just makes sense that I have proper typing tools too.
These keys feel so smooth! I love them! I think I will make a dust cover though because apparently, the keyboards get dirty and they are hard to clean. Josh's keyboard is already dusty/filthy and white always shows more. :)
I hope to continue to write more and to lay out my writing plan, goals, accomplishments, and challenges.
Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't write, but I'm on a computer all day, so I know what you mean by having preferences. For the longest time, I would only use the Microsoft Natural keyboard (oldschool one). I switched to a newer version a couple of months ago which has a slightly different layout and different ergonomics. At first it was like learning to walk for the first time again. It now feels like an extension to my body.

    I might have to go out and buy 10 of these things so I never run out. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home