The Process in Art

Art is often used as a way to process. But what about the process of creating art? Here's my journey...

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ask and ye shall receive...

Well, I put my wants/needs out there and I already have finished two pieces of clothing and gotten a chance to work for a family once a week for 6 hours a day...yay!
I feel pretty excited and inspired to be able to work PT, and actually get things done and feel good about it.

My dreams have been lively (even though I can't remember them) and I fall asleep dreaming of ideas for pieces. Whether or not I do them isn't important...it's that I have time and space to be inspired by ideas. Ah, it's a sweet life.

The wintertime can be really dreary around Seattle, but I find that lots of tea, dinners with friends, and a few activities here and there can be really uplifting. Plus, I just feel a lot more connected to my purpose and the choices I can make. I don't have to say "Someday soon I'll be able to paint that..." It's great.

The wedding comes closer and closer and I realize that since it's such a creative endeavor, it'll be nice to have time and energy to put toward it. After all, we're making invitations, my dress (I'm doing that, not Josh!), and creating a whole hi-tech music, photos, registration thing...

It's a good sign that I feel less inclined to write and more inclined to work!
Off I go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home