The Process in Art

Art is often used as a way to process. But what about the process of creating art? Here's my journey...

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

It takes a village...

Josh and I were talking last night and he said that he could see me doing clothing design...setting up a tiny storefront, selling my re-imagined clothes...then I could teach people in El Salvador (we have family ties there) how to sew and work for a living wage...the idea felt realistic.

Although I pride myself on being creative and innovative, I'm always happy for the ideas of others. It helps clarify and invigorate my ideals. I'm going to do some alterations today...I feel almost nervous! Altering things is always scary because what if I mess up? Well, working hard can keep some of those possible mistakes at bay and the ones that slip through, well, I guess I need more practice with mistakes! This won't be a MAJOR alteration so I can relax. What I am interested in is how people make clothing their own? Do they simply accesorize? Or do they not care? Or do they cut, glue, sew and alter til they are satisfied? I'm just curious about that...

Maybe I'll blog more later, but I want to get to sewing!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just now had time to read your blog and hope you'll keep it up. I added the address to my favorites list so I can find it easily. But also keep sending Emails for those "big" news items. Not only so we won't miss them, but also so we're reminded to check the blog.

    Happy new year.

    Kialynn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home