The Process in Art

Art is often used as a way to process. But what about the process of creating art? Here's my journey...

Thursday, December 29, 2005

How can this be art?

How can this part of the process become artistic?
What do I need to start?

I read something interesting yesterday in Dan Millman's "Everday Enlightenment":

"If I never do my best, I can never fail, because I'll know I could have succeeded if I had really tried my hardest."

That's totally it. It's a paralyzing thought. Here I am, paralyzed! There's also something about people not really liking their gifts. It's ugly to even think about, but there it is.

What am I feeling?
Scared. Frustrated. Excited. Nervous. Expectant.

I spent all day on the computer, looking for jobs! Yikes. A friend came over to distract me (it was already too late to start anything) and I was thankful. I have an ink cartridge that is missing it's yellow, but I can't take it out because then I have no excuse not to print some stuff I need...the excuses. I feel like I am addicted to the excuses...they flow so easily. Can I be that comfortable with not-moving? Josh goes away in the morning and then I slip into this inertia.

Okay, I can't keep writing. I need to do stuff. Anything to keep the motion going. I think there is a part of me (ego) that likes the bon bon eating scene. If I don't risk, then I won't fail. I notice in others that there is an energy of carefreeness that I don't seem to have coming as easily. Spontaneity is not a natural talent of mine.

But I will stop writing and see what happens. Good music should help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home