The Process in Art

Art is often used as a way to process. But what about the process of creating art? Here's my journey...

Friday, January 12, 2007

Meditation in Our Step Out Into the Sun

Meditation huh?
Josh just recommended I read #10 in "As Bill Sees It" (an AA text for daily meditations).

"Constructive meditation is the first requirement for each new step in our spiritual growth."

I'm not sure what is exactly meant by "constructive meditation" but alas, it doesn't really matter, right? Time alone to sit with myself and be loving, gentle and observant seems like enough.

My first meeting was intense. I wasn't nervous until people started sharing and I noticed I was nodding and smiling in agreement. We read the first step and man! That was like "Hello, and welcome to this part of your life that you neglect!" I can see how easy it is to be in denial. Most people may not even know they are in denial. I didn't.

While I am almost certain (I'm afraid to be certain for sure!) that food has been a way to slow myself down, I don't want to turn this into my OA blog. I will link to it so that you can keep up to date but don't have to read my constant process update. I understand that it can be tiring to hear about each food I decided not to eat every day. :)

I am going to Brussels on Monday and I'm taking the laptop so that I may write to my heart's content about life in Europe and sustainability. It'll be interesting for sure.

Anyway, I am definitely interested in how different my life can be once I start looking at the shadows. Shedding light on the dark parts will probably give me more energy to deal with everyday stuff. I am looking forward to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home