The Process in Art

Art is often used as a way to process. But what about the process of creating art? Here's my journey...

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

On Our Way

In a very short amount of time (thanks guides!) we found our new place to live. We're signing the lease today and will start to move in shortly afterward. We've already set up to have our phone and computer switched (a few days lag time will be okay), we're in the process of packing (it's a bit chaotic, but fortunately we'll have time to move instead of all in one day. I like that kind of moving. Losing money for living in two places at once is fine by me. The stress can be overwhelming when it's one day of moving.
So we've printed up our termination agreement and we will officially be out by Oct 22nd. I'll spend the following week cleaning and be done with Lock Vista by Oct 26th. Wahoo! Anyway, it feels good to be leaving finally. Our new place is much bigger, has a W/D (I am surprised about how much this swayed my decision), has a loud bright color (aqua, we're told), carport parking (inlcuded!), a nice patio, a basement for our rec room, and an open kitchen. It's great fun. It'll be nice to have space and get to know a new area. We're still on three bus lines, I can still get to work within an hour, and we're closer so a few friends (sorry, we're farther from a few now too).

I'm happy it's gone so flawlessly. That's what happens when my second chakra is open. Wedding, job, new house, seemlessly flowing. I know I should feel overwhelmed, and I am a bit, but mostly, it feels good to have some positive flow. I feel ready for good things to happen. In the new place we get to have an office and it will be pristine and clutter free and NOT in our living room.
There is also the possibility that I go back to doing Reiki with friends and family on the side (the rec room will double as practice space) and that's good for me too. I realize that even though I don't want a full blown practice at this point, I really like practicing Reiki and I really want to develop my skills as a healing practitioner. I know there is a lot more to learn and I am still really interested in that.

My job is still a lot of fun (after 6 days!) and even the little dramatic moments are entertaining. I don't take things too seriously, as only so much is in my power. Thank goodness. My co-workers are great and it's really nice to coast in at 1pm, work for four hours and then leave at 5pm. I also don't sit around too much either, which feels good. Busy, busy. It's just challenging enough to be learning new things each day.

So it's all in motion and luckily, it's not moving too fast for me. That's what I like, a flow I can keep up with. It must be right! We're excited to be able to entertain people and host them. We'll have a bed for guests and a space to eat AND sit and talk. It's an open layout but there's enough room for everything. Plus, having our tv downstairs REALLY excites me. We'll get to make that place a real den and make it nice and cozy. It's also big enough for people to BE in, versus just a place where chairs can be set up. It'll be really great. I can't wait. Our shit is all over the apartment now, but we'll move it a bunch at a time and then we'll do a big move on the 21st. YAY!
Anyway, I just wanted to share that because I am very excited to move. I've been in this apt for 4 years now and it's time to live in a new place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home