The Process in Art

Art is often used as a way to process. But what about the process of creating art? Here's my journey...

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Writing Vows

I had a big writing assignment last weekend. Writing my vows for our wedding. I won't go into details because the surprise would be ruined for Josh but it was an interesting experience. Writing something short and concise and yet saying the most fundamental things in regards to our future lives together. Tall order. My second draft seems to be good. It brings tears so that's a good sign. I'm a bit overwhelmed with details at the moment so I'm in "complete task" mode and I'm sure once I am in front of a lot of people, I will lose it completely, to my utter delight. I like expressing emotion.
This is a rare day when I get to write for as long as I want. I'm not cleaning today (three more cleaning days left!) and I'm trying not to only do things for the wedding in my 'free' time. I watched a lot of movies yesterday when I got home (after having found out that my dress is a bit too big now). I have to take care of me sometimes.

I'm easily forgetting the Spirit in my life again. A lot of decisions are getting made and being processed and I have no connection to a higher power. Which points to the fact that I need to simplify. It's easy to lose myself when there is too much to do, very little time and no checkpoints to take a moment and get present.

Josh and I have begun the process of building a house. Now that process is long, and full of challenges, and there has to be many opportunities for Spirit to be included. It's too much to be making huge decisions right before we get married so we've begun the discussions about which huge decisions are on the table. I think there is a lot of "settle down" energy coming up for me which is new, for sure. I still want to travel, but now I want a nice place to come home to. :)

I've exhausted my ability to sit still and write (my restlessness increases as I approach the wedding day...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home