The Process in Art

Art is often used as a way to process. But what about the process of creating art? Here's my journey...

Monday, February 27, 2006

Projects

Well, I have a fluctuating work schedule again, which proves to be okay for a few reasons. 1) I have a wedding dress to make 2) I was actually missing extra time to do creative things and 3) I wanted to get more specific about the work I do.

Working for myself has allowed me to find a lot of pride in the work I do, both creatively and domestically. I am filled with ideas in both areas...and while my body is getting a run for its money, it's good to be active.

I talked with a few friends of the creative variety and we brainstormed some ideas for dresses...I feel a lot more inspired to create now. I had a really simple idea in mind but wasn't feeling very jazzed about it...and now I feel I can keep the simple concept and yet make a really nice dress and accessory that will be well done. Yeah!

I like trying things out...I have gotten into the mood of just trying things and they seem to work, which helps me move into bigger, more complicated projects. The confidence is really motivating too.

I am working on a skirt for a friend and I am excited because it's a bit more in depth than just a few things here and there. I have yet to put anything up for sale. I rather like the playing around...but I also realize that the business part of this is imp. too.
At present I am just experimenting, but I want to continue the risks and challenges so that I can continue to hold fiberart work and cleaning in balance.

A friend of mine showed me some AWESOME felt pieces this weekend and I really loved them! She made them as prototypes but they were really awesome and looked like they took a lot of time and love. Her work is truly heart/soul based and it was great to see someone else's work. It helped me think more seriously about my own.

Okay, I have to get going...more soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home