The Process in Art

Art is often used as a way to process. But what about the process of creating art? Here's my journey...

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Community Art

I admit, it's been too long. I have been working a bit more than usual and it is really challenging to find a balance between housework and artwork. I think that I may have to whittle down my "free time" to create to one day...and although it's a pain to have to do, so is going into debt for a wedding (which I do NOT want to do!). So I am working more to support our upcoming celebration.
Although tonight I got a tip from a Craigslister that The Fiber Gallery on Greenwood has a knitting group. I decided to go cause I had something to knit and Josh was out late working. It was really interesting. I have almost no experience, don't know who the big wigs are, and don't understand the lingo, but the women were friendly enough. Some were even knitting without looking...I of course was all tensed up and knitting with fervor.
Yarn shops are amazing. I want to skip the intro stuff and move right into cool projects but this is something that seems to take a lot of patience. I've learned patience with sewing...although they are different. There are some REALLY awesome magazines that have incredibly beautiful pieces...and they aren't all sweaters!
I have decided that Friday will definitely be a craft/creativity day as I haven't been doing much lately.
Maybe I will include pictures of what I do on Friday.
Til then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home